The Pre-Hospital Care (EMT) for Nurses is an intensive one-week course offered on the Creighton University campus. It gives RNS, LPNs and other health care professionals the knowledge and skills to deliver exceptional emergency care in out-of-hospital settings.
National Exam Preparation
This course builds on your existing knowledge of patient care in the clinical environment and prepares you to provide exceptional and compassionate emergency care outside of a clinical setting. Through this innovative EMT education course, you will be prepared to sit for the National Registry of EMT Certification examination.
Cutting-edge EMT Education
This thorough, creative and innovative EMT course follows the United States Department of Transportation Emergency Medical Technician Educational Guidelines and Standards. Developed by emergency medical and education experts, this curriculum ensures you are receiving the highest quality, most up-to-date EMT education.
Apply now for this intensive on-campus, one-week course.
- February 15 – 19, 2021 *App deadline 01/11/21 or until full
- April 19 – 23, 2021 *App deadline 03/15/21 or until full
- November 1 – 5, 2021 *App deadline 09/27/21 or until full
You are required to have a minimum of two references in support of your application. Possible recommenders include an instructor, professional colleague or employer.
To successfully meet course completion requirements, be prepared to commit extra time outside of the one week on campus.
As a student in this class you must comply with the immunization requirements for Creighton Health Sciences students. Instructions for submitting immunization information will be provided in your acceptance materials. Learn more.
In addition to the Application you must supply:
- Transcripts from institution(s) attended for professional training, plus institution awarding highest degree, and institution where currently enrolled
- Copy of driver’s license or other government-issued photo ID
- Short essay
Here is a list of estimated costs associated with this course:
- Tuition: $850*
- $100 deposit due upon admission decision
- Textbook: $100
- Uniform (one shirt): $50 Click here to order your uniform.
- Certification examination fee: $80
- Immunization: Cost varies
*Students interested in taking this class for college credit will be billed at the current credit hour rate. The cost of tuition is subject to change.
This innovative EMT course prepares you to sit for the NREMT Emergency Medical Technician cognitive exam and to expand your career options. Learn more.